Khwarijeen || The Roots Of Wahhabism – Younus AlGohar
HH Younus AlGohar explains some key points about Wahhabis and their link to the historic group, ‘Khwarijeen.’
- Wahhabism is not a new thing in terms of their belief system. Principally, they are known as ‘Khwarijeen.’ They existed at the time of Prophet Mohammad.
- The Prophet Mohammad, after Hulas bin Zuhair told him ‘to be just,’ said, ‘There will come a time when a group of people will leave our ranks. They will recite the Quran with fervour and passion but it won’t go beyond their throats. They will leave our ranks like an arrow darts through prey.’
- The Khwarijeen differ from Shias and Sunnis on some points of doctrine. They only respected Umar bin Khattab and Abu Bakr; they believed Ali ibn Abi Talib and Usman-e-Ghani had committed grave mistakes and were not to be followed.
- Khwarijeen do not believe in the infallibility of Prophets.
- They consider any grave sin to be an act of infidelity (Kufr). They have a strong desire to martyr themselves and die ‘for the sake of God’.
You can watch the live recordings of these videos every day at 22:00 GMT on http://younusalgohar.com
Can’t access this video? Watch it on Daily Motion.
Listen to this speech on the go with SoundCloud.